Welcome to my blog

My family calls me a bookworm. I always have my kindle or a book with me. I enjoy

reading all types of books some more then others. I enjoy listening to music and cooking. I love tattoos I have quite a few and I enjoy reading a bout a bad boy with them lol.

I have a Home base bookclub group of ladies who no longer beleive in social media or in useing computer unless they are at work or school. We meet once or twice a week. Someone will draw 1 or 2 papers out of the box and those will be the books that will be read and discussed and whatever eals we read during the week.

Friday, November 6, 2009

High School Bites

Ok I finished High School Bites last night. Lucy Hellenberg, descendent of the Lucy who once captivated Bram Stoker, author of the original Dracula. Lucy is doing her best to survive being a sophomore in high school, complete with a reclusive father, prying teachers, an almost boyfriend and bad hair days in Seattle. Then, on her 16th birthday, she inherits a diary that has been passed ... More down through the women in her family and learns that her English assignment is not just homework—it's her life. As she and her best friend Mina are stalked through restaurants and malls by the living descendents of Dracula himself, she learns some grown-up lessons about self reliance, the importance of true friends and family and that being a girl doesn't mean she's a sissy. This volume contains little in the way of gore, focusing instead on the power of the mind, garlic cologne and holy water baths. A hip and fun read that emphasizes solid values, with just a touch of feminism.Lucy finally finds a guy who understand everthing she is going through.This was a great book it was really worth reading.

http://www.amazon.com/High-School-Bites-Lucy-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B001LQYT36/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1415635929&sr=8-2&k
eywords=high+school+bites

No comments:

Post a Comment